Thursday, October 05, 2006

Back in the Saddle....sorta

Sorry for missing New Word Wednesday yesterday----my mind was just somewhere else. Probably about 9 months ago now, I mailed off my resume to the Medical Clinic at Peterson Air Force Base, just a few miles from my home. I heard nothing until about 2 months ago, when I got a call from the personnel office asking me if I still wanted a job. At that time they told me they would forward my resume to the department that was hiring and they would call to set up an interview. Again, I heard nothing.....until last week when I got a call from a nurse in the Family Practice Clinic, who wanted to set up an interview. I arrived yesterday to find I was meeting with the entire leadership staff, and would be interviewed by each of them. Now, I hate job interviews; hate trying to sell myself, hate the feeling of being judged at first glance and so forth. The group thing could have been very intimidating, but they were all so nice and welcoming, we got through the interview swimmingly. I was invited to come back this morning, to "hang out" and see if it looked like something I might like. Around lunchtime, after meeting again with the 'chief nurse' and another of the staff members, I was offered the position, and told that they had wanted to offer me the position right after the interview yesterday, but didn't think it was fair to ask me to decide without a better idea of what I would be doing. I accepted, and will now begin some sort of process of background and security checks; it could be 2 to 4 weeks before I actually get to go to work. Not to worry, I have plenty to keep me busy between now and then. For now, I'm off to meet my girlfriend Lorna for a celebratory glass of wine.......more later :)

6 Comments:

At 10/05/2006 03:46:00 PM, Blogger Carole said...

Congratulations! It says a lot about how much they liked you if they wanted to hire you on the spot.

 
At 10/05/2006 05:02:00 PM, Blogger margene said...

Contrats! Is it full time or part time? We'll see less of you!?

 
At 10/05/2006 06:37:00 PM, Anonymous Laurie said...

Congratulations!

 
At 10/06/2006 05:50:00 AM, Blogger lorinda said...

Congrats!

 
At 10/06/2006 07:08:00 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Yahooo!!! More fiber money. Ooops. Does Brad read your blog? Brad - drumcarder money! Yeah!

I think that's the place my mom worked and retired from...hard to keep track!

 
At 10/12/2006 07:37:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Congrats!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home