Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Searching for Inspiration....and a bit of help

I've come to the conclusion that I just can't be witty and entertaining every day. Surprised? I thought not. Somehow, when I began writing this blog. I got into the swing of posting everyday, and after coming to the afore mentioned conclusion, I've given myself permission to take a day off now and then---hence my absence yesterday. We had a very full weekend, beginning with the retirement celebration for one of Brad's colleagues. Saturday morning I met up with the girls for some knitting and then a few of us met up for a while on Sunday as well. Sunday afternoon brought the back to school mixer for Brad's department at the Academy---always a good time. Monday was taken up with massage, haircut and grocery shopping. I can however report some good progress on the latest trekking sock, having started at the toe, I did my first short row heel (with a little coaching) while knitting with a gals on Saturday. After doing countless heel flaps, I think I enjoyed the process, but so much of it seems counter intuitive, and I found myself married to the directions. Hopefully the second will go more smoothly, now that I know how it works. This morning I've been listening to the news (big surprise) and organizing the plethora of knitting magazines and pattern leaflets I've amassed. A week or so ago, I went to the Container Store and ordered some box type storage files for the magazines, and they have tidied things up quite a bit. What I realize now, is that I really must do something about the stash. It's gone beyond the point of decorative, past the point of welcoming clutter and is approaching out of control. I have a couple ideas, clear plastic bins and so forth, but there is still the issue of where to put the bins, meaning of course that I will need to take a good hard look at the closets, and frankly, it's much easier to just keep piling things in the overflowing basket. Now before I sign off, I'd like to ask for some help. Many of you may remember Claudia, and her MS Ride earlier in the year. Well, friends and faithful readers, I'd like to call your attention to another Ride for MS, coming up in mid-September, this time in the Seattle area. My son Brett will be participating in this event and he needs OUR HELP! I will add the link to his page, where you can learn more about the event, see who will be riding with him, and make a donation. Since I'm not all that html literate, the best I could do is put his picture in the sidebar---which will take you to his donations page. (anybody who would like to help me make a proper button---let me know :) ) Now, I know that I am just a little blog, with nowhere near the readership of Claudia, or others who make similar pleas, but I would think that even the few of us there are can earn the $150 entrance fee, don't you?? In fact, I would bet we could do even better than that. I'll leave it up to you---if you donate through the official site, leave me a comment and I'll put your name in 'the hat' for a drawing for a prize (yet to be determined, but something wonderful I assure you). Please, let's earn a few dollars for this worthwhile cause, and put an end to this disease that affects so many. Those of you who have blogs of your own---help me spread the word, okay? Now, as a parting shot.......look who's checking out the blog!

"I'm not seeing very many pictures of ME---what's up with that?"

4 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 08:05:00 PM, Blogger lorinda said...

I agree with Kitty--more feline fotos! Kudos to your son for supporting such a worthy cause. I have two friends with MS. I'll put up the info on my blog tomorrow. We can do it if we all band together! And I hear you about feeling pressure to be witty and charming every day. You can't get water from an empty pitcher. Go out into life and get filled up, and at your leisure return and tell us about it. We'll be here waiting--especially those of us with Bloglines!

 
At 8/30/2006 08:40:00 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Lisa,

I'll give a little contribution to the MS cause. Will you come up on Friday? I can give it to you then.

~ Ellen

 
At 8/30/2006 08:47:00 AM, Anonymous kristin said...

that last picture is adorable!

 
At 8/30/2006 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Um, you have a cat?! Wow. ;)

I just pledged... and I'll mention this tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home