Friday, June 23, 2006

CONTEST!!!

We'll get to that in a minute.....first up, Favorite Foto Friday:

Here's another shot taken last weekend up at Rocky Mountain National Park, this time from the trail along Bear Creek. The trail is mostly flat, about half a mile round the lake and just right for a leisurely stroll as the sun goes down. We've walked this path quite a few times, as well as a few of the more challenging trails that branch off from here. It was a beautiful little trek (yes, I brought the sock). In other news, I actually got a little spinning done, late yesterday.

I may not have mentioned it, but I ended up taking my wheel to Estes last weekend, with the thought that if I didn't have it, I would be overcome with an unbearable urge to spin (after intense fiber exposure, you know). As it turns out, though I did want to spin, I didn't really have time. All that to say this, my little wheel was very fussy yesterday as I sat down to work up some of the Romney I brought back from Victor last week. At first I wasn't sure what was going on, whether I had lost my spinning mojo, whether it was fiber from hell, or something was seriously out of adjustment. I decided it was time for a little research, so I dug up the video that came with my wheel and watched the section on spinning---if all else fails, read the directions, right? I won't elaborate on what I learned....that would only go to accentuate my ignorance....but I will say that eventually the issues I was having worked themselves out and I have about half a bobbin spun up. Shouts go out to Kristi, Laurie and Cathy for helping a girl out.

Speaking of spinning (yes, yes, I'm getting to the contest), Kristi has put forth a Summer of Spinning Challenge. I'm fixin' to jump in, but I'm having a bit of trouble formulating a proper goal. That is on my list of things to think about today.

Okay........Drum Roll Please.............................this is my 100th post, and so in honor of said achievement, let the contest begin. The following questions can be answered from the previous 99 posts. If you have been reading for a while, they should be fairly easy, if you have not......happy hunting. There will be a winner chosen from those of you who play---honorable mention (and your name in the hat twice) if you get all the answers correct. The winner will be chosen next Wednesday, June 28, so make sure you get your answers in by noon on Wednesday. Tell your friends....the more the merrier (unless you want a better chance at winning, I suppose). Ready??? Here we go. 1. How old is son number 1? 2. What unfortunate event occurred while I was in Washington in March? 3. For whom am I knitting the Cambridge Jacket? 4. Where did I buy my spinning wheel? 5. What was my Knitting Olympics Project? 6. What are my dogs names? 7. What is the name of the knitting group I belong to? 8. What is the name of the park that we like to take the dogs to? 9. What did I bring home from Rock Ledge Ranch? 10. Who sent me tulips for my birthday? Send your answers to me by email (there is a link in the sidebar). Have fun and good luck!

4 Comments:

At 6/23/2006 09:19:00 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Ha. I got all but 1 and wonder if it's fair that I should play.

 
At 6/23/2006 09:21:00 AM, Blogger margene said...

Congrats on the 100 post! That's a long list of things to look for...I only remember so much, you know;-)

 
At 6/23/2006 01:50:00 PM, Anonymous Laurie said...

Good looking Romney, after the struggle. (That's the Romney, right? :) )

 
At 6/25/2006 12:02:00 PM, Blogger lorinda said...

Congrats on 100 posts! And gorgeous picture. I'm off to research . . .can't say no to a contest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home