Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Game on

It's grey and overcast here in the Springs today, unusual for this part of the country, and I have to say, that although I enjoy the variety, it makes me want to tuck in with a book and a cup of tea. Fortunately, there's nothing on the docket until this evening, so I am planning a lazy day, punctuated by laundry. Yesterday, and again this morning. I went on a hunt for yellow and orange things in my house, and it was quite the challenge. In fact, it will be obvious to anyone paying attention that I had to get pretty creative (desperate??). I had a good laugh when Chris wondered if it would be "too pathetic" to photograph the Saran Wrap. I told her to go for it since I was including the Bisquick (and Wheat Thins and Nilla Wafers). A few years back I had a good deal of yellow in the house, in fact my family room was painted bright yellow (about the color of deviled eggs). When we moved, I made the swing toward red and khaki, and that's what I have now. One thing is certain, it's much easier to accessorize with a neutral background than with screaming yellow.

I'm anxious to see what you come up with.

On the knitting front, I made a teensy bit of progress on the yellow sock last night just before bed. I actually yielded knitting time to read yesterday afternoon and evening, finishing the first book of Phillip Pullman's Trilogy (His Dark Materials). While I believe he has written for young readers, he is definitely holding my attention. It will be a toss-up as to what gets my time today.

Enjoy whatever captures your attention today!

3 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 10:44:00 AM, Blogger margene said...

Clouds are moving in....it will be gray and rainy later and ALL day tomorrow.
I'd love to sit with some tea and my knitting or read a book. Enjoy yourself!

 
At 4/04/2006 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - I use Sunlight dish soap, too! Great pictures. I maybe yet post pictures of that... ;)

I like that trilogy quite a bit - in fact, I probably need to listen to it again...

 
At 4/05/2006 08:31:00 AM, Anonymous Dipsy said...

Hello from Austria! Wow, what a great heap of beautiful yellow and orange things you found around you - it's amazing what we see when we're really looking, no?
Good luck with the sock - I'm looking forward to seeing progress photos of it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home