Friday, March 24, 2006

a little me time...

Those of you who know me and know that I am currently sans employment, are laughing hysterically right now, wondering how in the name of all things woolly I can possibly have any more me time, (stay with me here). As one who lurks around cyberspace on a daily basis (did I mention I'm not currently engaged in money earning activity?) I have notice that many in the greater blogisphere post what is called a meme, or a page of factoids about themselves. These are sometimes structured, following a set format, but the ones I like best are very random. And so, because I have been thinking about this for a few days, and because it's MY BIRTHDAY here are 100 random things about me. 1. I'm having trouble knowing where to start. 2. I usually have trouble knowing where to start. 3. Once I get started, I'm fairly articulate. 4. I get frustrated when I'm not able to articulate what I wish to say. 5. I enjoy conversations when one person talks and another person listens. 6. I hate being interrupted. 7. It makes me feel small and unimportant. 8. So does tardiness. 9. And call waiting. 10. I love meeting friends for coffee. 11. I need more friends who feel the same way. 12. I love musical theater. 13. I love musical anything, really. 14. I have been known to cry watching a band walk by at Disneyland. 15. I love Disneyland. 16. I have lived in 6 states and 2 countries. 17. I can't say the Pledge of Allegience without getting choked up. 18. I have been a military wife for 26 years, but have never watched my husband go to war. 19. I am afraid of getting a debilitating illness. 20. I am an adopted child. 21. I've never felt an overwhelming urge to find my birthparents. 22. I know I have a sibling somewhere that shares my name. 23. I was an only child. 24. I never doubted for a minute that my dad loved me, but he never told me. 25. He never told my mom either. 26. I tell my kids that I love them all the time. 27. I have two dogs. 28. I tell them I love them too. 29. I love hockey and football. 30. I yell at the TV. 31. I don't have a best friend. 32. I don't have a group of lifelong girlfriends. 33. I miss that. 34. I grew up in Washington State. 35. I thought it rained everywhere. 36. I was wrong. 37. I love the ocean. 38. Someday I want to live where I can see the water, and smell the salt. 39. I had my belly button pierced when I was 40. 40. I like to go camping. 41. I like to hike, as long as it's not too hard a hike. 42. I like thunderstorms. 43. I like blizzards. 44. I want to go back to Italy. 45. I've never been to New York, but would like to go. 46. I want to see Boston, Maine, Vermont. 47. I want to see more of the Florida Keys. 48. I love zoos. 49. I don't have a favorite color, but I do love red. 50. I could never have too many bottles of nail polish. 51. Or books. 52. Or purses. 53. I want to write a book. 54. I don't know where to start. 55. I would have liked to meet Princess Diana. 56. I think we could have been friends. 57. I keep a lot to myself. 58. I think red wine and dark chocolate are medicinal. 59. I love to take my medicine. 60. I hate making phone calls. 61. I hardly ever get bored. 62. I like being by myself. 63. I like being around other people too. 64. I think I'd like to study art history. 65. Or maybe literature. 66. I like to watch Star Trek Next Generation reruns. 67. I don't look good with long hair. 68. I wish I did. 69. I like to give generous gifts. 70. I think you get what you pay for. 71. I like traditions. 72. I'm not married to them. 73. I want to raise alpacas. 74. And have chickens. 75. Maybe a sheep or two. 76. I'd like to have a store. 77. I'm lousy at business, and really bad with numbers. 78. I'm a good organizer. 79. I don't like it when people put me in charge. 80. I feel like my thoughts and opinions are every bit as valid as yours. 81. I don't like being forced to defend my thoughts or opinions because they aren't the same as yours. 82. I believe that respect is earned, and it works both ways. 83. I miss my children, but don't want them to live with me. 84. I am anxious for grandchildren. 85. I wouldn't want to be a teenager again for anything in the world. 86. My dream job would be singing back-up for James Taylor. 87. Or writing a bestseller. 88. I would rather receive no gift than a gift that is poorly thought out. 89. I love tulips. 90. I don't sing in the shower. 91. I don't like telling people it's my birthday. 92. I want them to remember on their own. 93. I think having low expectations is better than having great expectations and being often disappointed. 94. I think that the older I get, the more accepting I am. 95. I think acceptance is a good thing and is NOT the same as agreement or condoning ones actions. 96. I think that the Christian community (of which I consider myself a member) spends to much time focusing on sexual sin and not enough time focusing on the sins of neglect, anger, cheating, lying and so many others. 97. I know not everyone agrees with me. 98. I'm okay with that. 99. I like being 45 better than 35. 100. I think that's enough. Tonight DH and I are going to the Pikes Peak Center to see the Glen Miller Orchestra. I love big band music and so I'm really looking forward to the show. Tomorrow, another birthday.......guess who?

8 Comments:

At 3/24/2006 10:48:00 AM, Blogger margene said...

I wish you were closer...we could be best friends. We have about 89 things in common!! Great list and fun to read.

 
At 3/24/2006 11:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Enjoy the music tonight!!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 3/24/2006 01:42:00 PM, Anonymous Laurie said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have fun celebrating!

 
At 3/24/2006 01:53:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Happy birthday! Have a great evening out.

 
At 3/24/2006 04:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow and you got tulips!! :) Have a great night with hubby at Glen Miller. I know that you will enjoy it to the enth degree. I don't think I spelt that right?? Oh well it comes with age...tee hee...I too wouldn't want to be 35 again!! Love ya! M

 
At 3/24/2006 10:19:00 PM, Anonymous Shelley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope your day was great. If you haven't lived in Idaho, I hope you want to see it too someday-the part where I live is gorgeous!

 
At 3/25/2006 07:42:00 AM, Blogger Scoutj said...

Happy Birthday! Us Aries grrls kick ASS!

 
At 3/29/2006 06:41:00 PM, Anonymous Bookish Wendy said...

Happy Be-lated birthday to you AND your cute son. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home