Friday, February 17, 2006

Ah.....Italia

With the Olympics being held in Italy this year, I thought I'd share one of my favorite shots in this weeks edition of Favorite Foto Friday.

Last May, my number one son and I took a fabulous trip to Italy. The whole adventure was dreamlike....I had to keep reminding myself that I was really, truly there. On a perfect spring day in Florence, Brett climbed to the top of the Duomo and from the top, took this picture.

Itlay is an amazing country and we had a fabulous experience. The people are warm and friendly, the art, history and culture are incomparable and the food and wine is impossible to say no to. I would go back tomorrow.

The set back with the second sleeve wasn't as bad as I thought, and after a short break I was able to get it back on the needles and going the right direction. I have about another 30 minutes to go on it, and then all the "big" pieces of the sweater are finished. The next step, according to the directions, is the button band, then the button hole band, sewing up and the collar. I will share an updated picture soon.

The wind is blowing, the snow is falling and I have the fire going......it's a perfect day for reading, knitting, and maybe a nap. It's the next best thing to a vacation.

2 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 03:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
This is a gorgeous picture...really cold here today too...I should go and do something constructive also. Gave Duke a bath this morning also...boy is he hairy!! I wish that I had a groomer friend...have a great day...M

 
At 2/17/2006 04:17:00 PM, Blogger Angela the great said...

that foto is purdy... I would go tomorow also... make it sunday, i have a TEST tomorow... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home